It’s been awhile since I have posted anything in the well-fed section. I have been blogging with Babble.com so much that I feel like I’ve gained ten pounds, so Plus, my last several entries here have been a long list shameless desserts.Anyway, I thought it was high time I posted something we ate for dinner around here. This pasta dish was something I came up with from stuff I had in the fridge, and I must say I was a bit unimpressed with it at first, but the more I sampled, the more I loved it. I used some zucchini someone gave me from their garden and some chicken and apple sausage I had in the freezer. I thought these flavors seemed very fall-ish and wonderful, so to them I added some fresh sage. However, since it’s still hot here, and I’m not quite ready to curl up by a fire, I thought I’d add a dash of lemon to keep the dish bright.One thing I want to mention: tomorrow I will be on AmberLee’s for a bit. So stay tuned, and I’ll give you the link when it’s up!
Ziti With Zucchini And Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 3 Italian sausage links, cooked and completely and cut in 1/2 inch slices
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons cream
- sage leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound ziti, cooked, with some cooking liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. In a skillet set over medium heat, saute the onion in the oil until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add in zucchini and cook until it starts to turn golden brown. Add in sausage links. And allow to caramelize in the pan.
2. Pour lemon juice over the meat and vegetables and sprinkle on the zest. Add in cream and season with sage, salt and pepper.
3. Add pasta to the pan with enough cooking liquid to reach the desired consistency. Stir in parmesan and serve. Sprinkle with more parmesan.