Lime is the perfect complement to mango. An overripe mango, which can taste a bit vegetably, is easily remedied with a splash of lime juice. I made this sorbet with that in mind. It’s very easy to make and extremely good for you. Just look! There’s barely any sugar!This is best enjoyed a little soft. Twenty seconds in the microwave will get it the right consistency if it has been in the freezer for longer than five hours.
Mango Lime Sorbet
- 4 ripe, medium-sized mangoes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- zest and juice of 1-2 limes
- pinch of salt
1. Pulse all four ingredients in the food processor (or the blender if you have a really good one), until smooth.
2. Place in ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. (Mine is a Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream maker, and I let mine spin around for about 25 minutes.)
3. Place in an airtight container and freeze for at least 3 hours.
4. Serve with curls of lime zest.