Sophistireaders, I’d like you to meet Marcia (pronounced Mar-see-ah, not Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!). She’s the friend who helped me try my failed Turkish Delight recipe back in December.For ages, she’s been telling me about these cinnamon tortilla chips with strawberry pineapple salsa and a sweet glaze she had at a party once and then adapted herself. Last week, we finally managed to get together, and she showed me how to make them.
cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 4 uncooked tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees celsius). Using a pizza cutter or a pastry cutter, slice tortillas into wedges.
2. Place wedges on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Brush each wedge with melted butter. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the tops of all the wedges.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tortilla chips are crisp and golden brown. Allow to cool or serve warm with the salsa.
1 cup (150g) frozen or fresh strawberries
1/4 fresh pineapple, skin and core removed
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
Use a food processor to combine all ingredients until strawberries and pineapple are finely chopped. (Or just chop them by hand)
- 1/3 cup (40g) cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup (40g) cream cheese
- 2/3 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- orange zest for garnish
Combine all ingredients in food processor or really good blender until cottage cheese is smooth.