A few years ago, we invited our friend Shannon and her family for Thanksgiving.If I remember right, she wasn’t a fan of cranberry sauce, but this recipe ended up converting her.I gave her the recipe, and then the next year, I forgot how to make it.She emailed me my own recipe, and now every year, I search through my ancient gmail archives and dig it up for Thanksgiving.Maybe it will be easier to find, now that is on my blog.And thank you, Shannon, for remembering the recipe!
Cranberry Sauce With Maple And Orange Zest
- 1 12 ounce (340g) bag, or 3 cups of cranberries
- juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 C (100g) sugar
- 1/4 C (110g) real maple syrup
- Put all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring just to a boil, lower heat and cook on a very low simmer
- for 15 minutes. Cranberries should pop. Transfer to a bowl to cool completely, then refrigerate.