Mmmmm . . . yum. That’s all I can say about these.
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into pieces
1 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon cream
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
lemon glaze (recipe follows)
1. In a food processor, pulse together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in cherries to coat with the flour.
3. Measure 1 cup of cream into a large measuring cup and add in lemon zest and egg. Whisk together, breaking up the egg.
4. Stir cream mixture into flour mixture with a wooden spoon. Mix until incorporated, using clean hands to pull it together.
5. Place dough on a well-floured board, and pat into a 9 inch square. Using a large knife, cut dough into 4 squares, then cut each square into 2 triangles.
6. Place each triangle on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with the tablespoon of cream. Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
7. Let cool for 5 minute, then brush with lemon glaze. Serve warm.
5 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.