This is one of those snacks I felt guilty the whole time making. Once it was ready, though, all my guilt went out the window, and it was just me and my caramelized treat. All you need to make this is a good excuse, and a few extra points left in your diet.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 just ripe banana, sliced
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (not whipping cream), plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom of a small nonstick skillet. Let heat up for a minute or two over medium heat. Add in water and allow to boil until the water evaporates (it stops steaming). Place banana slices in the sugar syrup, and cook for a minute or 2.
2. Sprinkle cream and vanilla over the top of the sugar syrup and bananas. Carefully turn bananas over to cook on both sides.
3. When caramel is thick and golden, and bananas are turning tender, transfer to a plate and drizzle with more cream.