My husband lived in Buffalo, New York before we were married, so he’s a bit of a snob when it comes to wings. Over the years, he has tried to raise me to his standards. Though I still don’t have the same discriminating palate he has, I thought this chicken burger would be a fun, lower fat way to enjoy the flavor of Buffalo Wings.
buffalo chicken burger
3/4 pound (350g) ground boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 pound (100g) ground boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon Schultz’s Gourmet Premium Seasoning and Rub
1 egg white, lightly beaten
4-6 tablespoons Schultz’s Gourmet hot sauce
4 hamburger buns
bleu cheese sauce (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 degrees Celsius). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. With a fork, gently break up the chicken in a large bowl. Mix in seasoning, and egg.
3. Shape into quarter pound patties and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Chicken should register at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant read thermometer.
4. Coat each burger with Schultz’s hot sauce. Place on bun with blue cheese sauce and lettuce.
bleu cheese sauce
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons buttermilk and more, if needed
2 ounces (125g) bleu cheese, crumbled
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
pinch of coarse salt
pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Add more buttermilk if needed to obtain desired consistency.