Maybe it’s their bright colors, or maybe it’s because they remind me of my childhood—either way, I find that M&M cookies are difficult to resist.I almost used those Sunspire all natural candies, but I forgot to pick them up at the health food store today.
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons or 220g) unsalted, room temperature butter
- 1 3/4 cups (280g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1 small package (2 ounces or 55g) M&M candies
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (190 degrees Celsius).
2. Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. With an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter on high until smooth and light, about 2 minutes. Next add the sugar and continue beating until light in color and fluffy. With the speed on low, add eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Beat until smooth.
4. Turn off the mixer and scrape down sides of bowl. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just incorporated.
5. Scoop out dough by 2 tablespoonfuls and place about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Press 5-8 M&M’s on each ball of dough. Flatten each ball of dough slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until barely golden brown on the edges.
6. Remove from oven and let rest on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm with milk.